NO PREVIOUS HYPNOSIS EXPERIENCE, COLLEGE DEGREE OR HEALTH CARE LICENSE IS REQUIRED TO TAKE THIS COURSE, BECOME A HYPNOTIST, AND GET CERTIFIED BY THE NATIONAL GUILD OF HYPNOTISTS.
This Professional Hypnotism Certification Course Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the terms and conditions under which the undersigned ("Student") will attend and participate in the National Guild of Hypnotists, Inc approved trainining provded by Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc., an Oregon corporation.
Student understands that by signing this Agreement, the Student is entering into a legally binding contract, and will be bound by the provisions set forth below effective the date of signature. Student understands and agrees to the following:
To receive certification from the National Guild of Hypnotists, Inc. as a Certified Hypnotist, Certified Consulting Hypnotist or Certified Hypnotherapist, Student must successfully complete one hundred (100) hours of National Guild of Hypnotists, Inc. approved professional training and complete an examination (the “Course”).
Some course credit may be in the form of outside study and practice. Student shall be solely responsible for making up required hours through outside study and/or practice if Student enrolls after the course start date or misses class. All students are required to practice and experience hypnosis to complete their training.
Classes will be taught online by Zoom in one of these formats:
(A) Fourteen (14) weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) from 9:00am to 5:00pm (PST); or
(B) Seven (7) weekends (Saturday and Sunday) from 9:00am to 5:00pm (PST)
Classes will be held online using Zoom. Venue, dates, hours and course content are subject to change at the sole discretion of Northwest Hypnosis Institute Inc.
The cost of the Course is 2,495.00 and includes all course materials and a one-year National Guild of Hypnotists, Inc membership. The $2,495.00 amount is payable by Student in advance by cash, credit card, PayPal, or check made out to Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc or by installments using an Affirm, PayPal, or Stripe payment plan.
Tuition With Scholarship
The cost of the Course with Scholarship is 1,995.00 and includes all course materials and a one-year National Guild of Hypnotists, Inc membership. The $1,995.00 amount is payable by Student in advance by cash, credit card, PayPal, or check made out to Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc. or by installments using an Affirm, PayPal, or Stripe payment plan.
Tuition Paid in Installments (payment plan)
If paying in installments, Student promises to pay a total sum of $1,995.00. Any amount paid prior to default of payment shall be nonrefundable.
The refund policy of the Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc. is as follows:
Tuition and Tuition Paid in Installments. . Refund requests made 5 days or more prior to the first class will receive a full (100%) refund. No refunds are available after the second day of classes.
Requests. All refund requests must be provided by email sent to: email@example.com. The effective dates of the requests will be determined by the datge the email is sent.
A student may be terminated from participation in the course for (1) behavior creating a safety hazard, disruptive or disrespectful behavior; or (2) not maintaining an acceptable attendance record, academic or practical skill level, or (3) failure to pay tuition; or (4) any other inappropriate action or behavior at the sole discretion of the Instructors at Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc. (“Instructors”). Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc. reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at the sole discretion of its Board of Directors or Instructors. If a student is terminated, the above stated refund policy applies.
The undersigned Student hereby grants Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc., its representatives and employees permission to use Student’s likeness, including but not limited to Student’s image or voice, in photographs, video, audio, or other digital media (the “Media”) in connection with the Course. Student agrees that any Media using Student’s likeness shall be the property of Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc.
Student hereby irrevocably authorizes Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc, its assigns and transferees to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute Media for any legal purpose, including but not limited to fundraising, advertising, and publicity.
The Applicant waives the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including physical or electronic copy, wherein the Applicant’s likeness appears. The Applicant waives all claims to compensation or damages based on the use of the Applicant’s likeness by Northwest Hypnosis Institute, Inc.
The Instructor shall handle personal information of Student responsibly. To protect Student, at the Instructor’s discretion, if Instructor has concerns about Student’s suitability as a hypnotist or learns of any condition that may affect Student’s safety, practice, learning or future in the hypnosis profession, Instructor may arrange to talk to Student privately. The Instructor shall not disclose the information discussed unless otherwise authorized by Student. If any situation arises where Instructor feels a private conversation is needed, Instructor shall make arrangements with Student as soon as practicable.
No Rights to Publish or Disseminate Course Materials.
All course materials, and rights thereto, shall remain solely the property of their original authors and/or owners. Student expressly agrees not to copy, publish, distribute, or share course materials in any manner including but not limited to any digital, online, paper, photocopy, photograph or any other method without the express permission of the original authors and/or owners.
Student has read and agrees to the following:
I have read this application form and fully understand the conditions and terms of this Agreement and the obligations the parties under this Agreement. I agree that I am solely responsible for successfully completing all course requirements for certification. I understand that this consent is perpetual, irrevocable, and binding on my heirs and assigns.
I understand the State of Oregon does not regulate the practice of hypnotism. I understand that instruction and certification of course completion does not imply state or city licensing or education in any medical, health, therapeutic, emotional counseling, psychiatric, psychological or sociological field. I agree and stipulate that I will not use hypnosis for any medical or other purposes for which I am not licensed unless working under the supervision of a person licensed for that purpose and as prescribed by law.
I understand that these classes are not for the purpose of diagnosing, or the treatment of, any physical or mental ailment.
I understand that Instructor shall teach hypnosis classes in a professional manner. I further understand that at the Instructor’s sole discretion, the Instructor may use teaching methods and techniques, including but not limited to sharing stories of hypnosis occurrences, that may be offensive to some students but are important to the learning process of the Course.
I further understand and agree that this Course and my designation as a Certified Hypnotist, Certified Consulting Hypnotist or Certified Hypnotherapist does not guarantee any employment or income and that I am solely responsible for the establishment and building of my hypnotism practice and business.
I further agree and stipulate that I will conduct all of my practice and activities of hypnotism in conformance with the National Guild of Hypnotists’ Code of Ethics and the National Guild of Hypnotists’ Standards for Hypnotic Practice.
1. Warranties. STUDENT ACCEPTS ON “AS IS” BASIS EXCEPT WHERE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OTHERWISE. NORTHWEST HYPNOSIS INSTITUTE, INC. HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THIS AGREEMENT, THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE.
2. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NORTHWEST HYPNOSIS INSTITUTE, INC. WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, LIQUIDATED OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE OR BUSINESS, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM PROVISIONS OF SERVICES OR PROVISION OF OTHER DELIVERABLES TO STUDENT, EVEN IF NORTHWEST HYPNOSIS INSTITUTE, INC. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS, NORTHWEST HYPNOSIS INSTITUTE, INC.’S LIABILITY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE SUM OF ALL PAYMENTS STUDENT HAS MADE TO NORTHWEST HYPNOSIS INSTITUTE, INC. FOR THE SERVICE IN THE LAST TWELVE (12) MONTHS OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00), WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
3. Agreement Limitation. Nothing expressed in this Agreement is intended to imply or create a partnership, association, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchiser- franchisee relationship between Student and Northwest Hypnosis, Inc.
4. Entire Agreement. This Agreement sets forth the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between the parties regarding their subject matter and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, written or oral, relating to their subject matter.
5. Choice of Law and Venue. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon without regard to conflict of law rules. The exclusive venue for any action, suit or legal proceeding regarding this agreement shall be in Multnomah County, Oregon, and the parties hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for purposes of any such action, suit or legal proceeding.